Roulette is a game of chance in which you wager on what number (or group of numbers) you think a ball will land on on a spinning wheel. In addition to betting a specific number, there are various other kinds of bets with less risky outcomes available for the same amount of chips.
The numbers on a roulette table run from 0-36 with 1-36 numbered in alternating red and black. The number 0 is designated with the color green.
Some tables will include double 0s (00) and triple zeros (000)
Every bet in roulette in considered an “Inside Bet” or an “Outside Bet”
- Inside Bets: These kinds of bets are placed “inside” the grid of numbers on the table
- Outside Bets: These kinds of bets are grouped bets, or those bet “outside” of the grid on the table
- Straight Up: betting on a single number (ex: betting on the number “3”)
- Square: betting on a corner or grouping of numbers that make a square (ex: 11, 12, 14, 15)
- Split: also known as a ‘cheval’, this is a bet made on two numbers directly next to each other horizontally or vertically (ex: betting on 1 & 2 or 1 & 4)
- Street: betting on a row of 3 numbers (ex: ex: 10, 11, 12)
- Six Line: also known as a ‘double street’, this is a bet made on two rows of numbers (ex: 4,5,6,7,8 & 9)
- Trio: a three number bet involving a zero (ex: betting on 0, 1, & 2 or 00, 1, &2)
- First Four: betting the first four numbers on a single-0 layout only (ex: 0,1,2, & 3)
- Basket Bet: on tables with a double zero, you can also place a bet on 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3 which is known as a basket bet
- Low / Manuqe: betting the ball will land on numbers 1-18 (inclusive of 1 & 18)
- High / Passe: betting the ball will land on numbers 19-36 (inclusive of 19 & 36)
- Red or Black: a bet inclusive of either all red numbers or black numbers
- Even or Odd: a bet inclusive of either all odd numbers or all even numbers
- Dozen Bet: a bet placed on the first, second, or third 12 numbers (ex: 1-12, 13-24, or 25-36)
- Column Bet: a bet placed down a vertical column (ex: all numbers in the 1-34 vertical column)
Note: on a triple zero table, you can also bet on ‘Green’ (a bet placed on all three zeroes)
35 to 1
17 to 1
11 to 1
8 to 1
5 to 1
2 to 1
2 to 1
Red / Black
Even / Odd
High / Low
Green (000 only)
11 to 1
You are free to place a bet anywhere on the table.
Outside bets usually have a higher minimum, however this varies from game type to game type.
To place a column bet, place your chips at the end of column.
To place a square bet, place your chips at the intersection of the four numbers you have chosen.
Once you are happy with your bet, spin the wheel – this is for auto roulette only not Live Dealer
Once the ball has landed on the winning number, your bet will be automatically be resulted as a loss or win.